Environmental Coordinator Position
We are looking for an Environmental Coordinator (EC) to join the Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary.
This role will require outreach to environmental groups, activists, journalists and government officials that align with the visions and goals of our organization and support the protection of the Graeme Hall Wetlands and the creation Barbados’ First National Park.
Contract length: 6 months with a possibility of contract renewal (depending on performance).
Salary: Depending on knowledge and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Either bachelor's degree in Natural or Environmental Sciences with a minimum of 4 years of work experience OR a master's degree in Natural or Environmental sciences with a minimum of 2 years of work experience.
• Knowledge and familiarity of Barbados political and social landscape
• Ability to share technical ideas and concepts with public, children, and non-technical personnel.
• Good judgment, innovative, ability to think “outside-the-box”, proven project management skills are essential.
• Proven work experience with social media content creation and community management.
• Possess a robust work ethic, ability to work independently and as a team member.
• Previous experience of performing a similar role in an NGO project.
• Previous experience working with Government officials in the Caribbean region and established network/connections within the region is desirable.
• Proficiency in writing reports, memos, letters, etc.
Please kindly send us your CV and Cover Letter at firstname.lastname@example.org